10 Responses to “Front Yard Makeover”

Subscribes to this topic Comment RSS or TrackBack URL

Hi Cathy!
So sorry it’s taken me so long to vist; you can blame the garden! We’re finally getting some rain, so I can catch up on my blogging. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading your post and seeing the pictures. I think I’ve mentioned before how much I love the look of your house, and the gardens you and your mom have created give it a lovely setting. And oh yes, I too love the scent of fresh cedar mulch - mmmm. I look forward to seeing the progress of your summer projects!

Nan Ondra said on April 28th, 2008 at 2:24 pm

Hi Nan,

Great to hear from you! We’re getting rain here too today and the temperatures have dropped considerably. The rain is desperately need, but the cold we could live without. Hope it doesn’t have a harmful effect on anything that’s growing.

Cathy

Cathy said on April 28th, 2008 at 9:00 pm

Cathy, You and your mom (does your dad help?) have done a wonderful job in your yard! It complements your lovely home… and, I noticed, your neighbor’s yard is having to keep up with yours! ;-)

Shady Gardener said on April 29th, 2008 at 11:10 pm

Whew, you and your Mom have been doing lots of work. It is turning out so nice. I will come back to see how things grow this summer.

Lisa at Greenbow said on April 30th, 2008 at 6:47 am

Shady Gardener,

Mom and I do most of the yard work. Last summer my dad (Jimmy, as I like to call him) did the fence, hung a tire swing and built a big sandbox for Connor. Haven’t found any jobs for him yet this year, so he’s resorted to cutting the grass.

Cathy

Cathy said on May 6th, 2008 at 1:07 pm

Lisa,

Thank you for visiting! Everything is growing so fast right now it looks different already. My camera is always close at hand, so new pictures are imminent.

Cathy

Cathy said on May 6th, 2008 at 1:12 pm

You did a marvelous job of cleaning up the overgrown garden and making it your own. I’m sure the original gardener would be pleased to see the care you’ve put into it.

Cute house too!

Pam/Digging said on May 6th, 2008 at 4:45 pm

Hi Pam,

It’s definitely cleaner than it was, now if only it was full and lush like yours. Guess I’ll have to wait it out. (Patience isn’t one of my strong points.)

Cathy

Cathy said on May 7th, 2008 at 10:43 am

i have a small front hill slope and i want to tear up the grass and plant small plants of some kind. thanks ,les

les said on January 27th, 2010 at 11:27 am
Trackbacks & Pingbacks

[...] Front Yard Makeover (Cathy at 2GreenThumbsUp!): Cathy and her mom have tackled some overgrown old front- and side-yard beds to give them a fresh and flower-filled new look. [...]