7 Responses to “Free Barn Board Birdhouse Plans”

Subscribes to this topic Comment RSS or TrackBack URL

Hi Cathy: WOW thanks so much for these great sites. I had emailed to you regarding my family farm and “Grandpa’s old work shed” Now with the plans, Grandpa and my youngest son are going to do the building for the family Christmas gifts together. What a great chance to use the old shed, give the family members a great heirloom and for Max and his Grandpa to spend some time together this summer, doing what they both love.
If you would like I would be happy to email you some photos of the finished products.
Thanks again for making this dream come to life.
Yours truly
Maureen Barclay
Chepstow, Ont

Maureen Barclay said on June 30th, 2008 at 3:50 pm

Hey Maureen,

I’m happy to help and I would love for you to email me pictures of the finished birdhouses! I’ll post them for others to see if it’s okay with you. Save my email address from earlier today and send them when you have them.

Thanks,

Cathy

Cathy said on June 30th, 2008 at 5:46 pm

Ran across your post while searching for decorative birdhouses. Thank you so much for the great ideas! Can’t wait to get started.

Sandi said on July 1st, 2008 at 5:43 am

No bird would ever want to live in that. Do some research.
Rusty Nails for perches? No functional birdhouse ever had a perch. Nice try, but a waste of time, really.

sh said on November 13th, 2009 at 3:02 pm

Hey sh,

Who said anything about birds wanting to live in these houses? My birdhouses are used as accessories on my deck. (You do know what happens when you ‘assume’ something, don’t you?) Funny thing, one of my “waste of time” birdhouses has actually housed a family of birds. I guess they didn’t read your comment before moving in :)

Cathy said on April 15th, 2010 at 2:41 pm

i love it when people complain about “rusty nails ” and such on these type of birdhouses, as if birds havent been nesting in cubbys and pockets unsafety checked for hundreds if not millions of years. their doing just fine, sh implies that birds now have the ability to reason,”no bird would ever want to live in that” well folks it sounds like we have a “hater “in the house, someone who lacks the talent or gumption to create a work of art such as a rustic birdhous. but thats ok we forgive you sh, for giving us a little chuckle this morning.

mtsmirnov said on July 14th, 2010 at 9:46 am

Just to let haters know i built a bird house out of bark from an oak tree and clear coated it hung it from a tree and i have yellow finch living in it for two years. Birds do not care what it is made from as long as they can keep warm and have a place to raise there young. I would like to thank you for these plans it gives me more ideas. thank you dave NJ

DV said on September 16th, 2010 at 11:35 am