- Bring indoor plants back into the house, checking to be sure that they will not carry pests or disease with them.
- Remove faded annuals from pots and replace them with mums, kale, grasses or decorative gourds etc.
- Protect tender vegetables from frosty nights to prolong harvest.
- Plant or transplant evergreens, trees and shrubs on a cool, damp day; water well.
- Top-dress, aerate and overseed to improve lawns.
- Cut back spring-flowering perennials; divide and transplant.
- Cut back herbs by 1/2; plant garlic.
- Collect seeds; store in paper bags in a cool, dry place.
- Turn compost.
- Buy bulbs when selection is good and store in a cool place until planting time.
And a last little reminder by Cathy…
Get out there and enjoy your garden while the weather is still nice enough to do so!